Dog Tag Liberation Army
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fallout New Vegas

5 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Fallout New Vegas Empty Fallout New Vegas

Post by Simy26 Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:23 pm

I plan on getting this at some point, i know Jimmy is a big fan so i thought i would start a thread and let him tell us about it when he gets it.

Whens it out anyway, this friday or next .
Simy26
Simy26

Back to top Go down

Fallout New Vegas Empty Re: Fallout New Vegas

Post by Big Jimmy83 Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:43 pm

Fallout New Vegas is out on Friday 22nd October.

My favourite game on the 360 is Oblivion. Fallout is being published by the same company Bethesda Softworks, so I am expecting good things. Although it is not the same developers. I would have to say the my favourite game type is an RPG as well, which is why I am looking forward to this as much as Black Ops.

Is anyone else getting this?

Big Jimmy83

Back to top Go down

Post by Simy26 Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:32 pm

I will get it but probz for Xmas or around that time man, its not a major release for me but something that i would defo want to spend a bit of time with.

I had oblivion on ps3 and loved it alot, enjoyed fallout 3 aswell, but its the kind of game for me that i couldnt go through again for a good while.

So what kinda features are there to be expecte din this dude, havent seen much about it.
Simy26
Simy26

Back to top Go down

Post by DTLA Jager Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:36 pm

I get bored/lost in those games easily. Although I am a big RPG fan, just not so much that type. Brother will get it but I won't play it!
DTLA Jager
DTLA Jager
Admin

https://dtla.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Jimmy83 Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:46 pm

There hasn't been a whole lot released about Fallout. However one of the main changes is that they have included aim down sight. So it is more like a FPS as well as all the other features (i.e. VATS).

I don't imagine Fallout to be everyone's type of game. I decent RPG/Sandbox game is exectly my type of game. Spending hours going no where and not even playing the main missions... Setting off a nuke and watching deformed monsters get there heads blown off! Brilliant!!!

Big Jimmy83

Back to top Go down

Post by Simy26 Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:48 pm

Yeah that mini nuke launcher in fallout 3 was cool , remember on xmas day i was playing it and my mrs was watching and i picked it up and thought i'll save this for something special, only to return from the toilet and she's fucking launching the cunt into a bunch of raiders. lol

I spent most of my time in 3rd person for some reason in fallout 3. I loved the VATS system man it was cool
Simy26
Simy26

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Jimmy83 Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:57 pm

I was referring to the big fucking nuke at megaton, that you could blow up and wipe the city off the face of the map, literally!

However the mini nuke launcher was/is great fun. Even when you run out of nuke's you can then start shooting junk and teddy bears!

Another addition to New Vegas is that you can add up to 3 attachments to guns. i.e. if you find some binoculars, you can then attach them to a hunting rifle to make it a sniper rifle.

Also, there is apparently twice as many weapons in New Vegas than fallout 3... One week to go!

Last edited by Big Jimmy83 on Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Big Jimmy83

Back to top Go down

Post by Simy26 Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:27 pm

Cool i can see me enjoying this one as well then, will still hold off until around xmas time. Getting MOH tomorrow and Black ops aint far away and pro they will keep me occupied.

I liked teh AK in the last one, i fucking hated teh fire ants tho they were a bastard
Simy26
Simy26

Back to top Go down

Post by DTLA Jager Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:08 pm

I'll remove you from my friends list if you play MoH when black ops is out!!!!!!
DTLA Jager
DTLA Jager
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Jimmy83 Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:11 pm

Yeah Simy! If I see you MoH when Black Ops is out, I will get in MY AC130 and fuck you up! lol

Big Jimmy83

Back to top Go down

Post by DTLA Jager Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:41 pm

Only crazy people would choose MoH over BO. At least fallout is a different type of game
DTLA Jager
DTLA Jager
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Simy26 Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:46 pm

Dude fuck me, i dont think i will play anything else in novemeber dude.
Simy26
Simy26

Back to top Go down

Post by DTLA Jager Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:49 pm

Good, you just dodged a month sleeping on the couch..
DTLA Jager
DTLA Jager
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Jimmy83 Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:19 pm

That's lucky as there probably isn't enough room for Demo AND Simy on the couch!

Big Jimmy83

Back to top Go down

Post by Simy26 Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:38 pm

LMAO
Simy26
Simy26

Back to top Go down

Post by Matti077 Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:42 pm

Fallouts mint but coming out so close to black ops, might just wait and add fallout to the santa list
Matti077
Matti077

Back to top Go down

Post by DTLA Jager Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:55 pm

Big Jimmy83 wrote:That's lucky as there probably isn't enough room for Demo AND Simy on the couch!

I'm more worried about the fact that they can't be trusted alone together, they might cheat onm me..

Matti spoken like a real DTLA man, he has his priorities straight!!
DTLA Jager
DTLA Jager
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Jimmy83 Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:50 pm

Once xmas comes about most of the clan will have time off and will all be playing together. That would be the worst time to get a new game that will take up lots of your xbox time.

I'm getting it before BO is released so that it doesn't effect BO as much... I'm the one with the right priorities! My missus would probably shoot me if she saw this post though!!!

Big Jimmy83

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Jimmy83 Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:06 pm

I may as well use this thread as a personal progress report and at least keep you all up to date. Fallout was released in America Tuesday and I have read up on some of the reviews... All but one of the reviews I read gave this 8 out of 10 or better.

One review I read gave it 6 out of 10, but that reviewer seemed like he had some deep hatred against Obsidian as apparently they fucked up Knights Of The Old Republic II, which he does comment on in the review of Fallout! Bitter as a Lemon...

Most of the reviews however did make some reference to the amount of bugs in the game. Monsters falling through the floor, so you can't kill them or a guard pacing back and forth 20 feet in the air, who you need to talk to to get into the building he's guarding. One quote that stood out though was that "I would prefer to play an unpolished gem, than a polished turd and FNV is definitely a gem!". So everyone that is putting this game on there xmas list might be better off as they should have patched all this by then. My pre-order has already been posted according to Play.com.

Having said all that, all reviewers have said that the storyline is much stronger and in-depth than Fallout 3's "got to find my father" cliche. They all said that the game is highly addictive. One reviewer had played the game for 35 hours and had only just reached the vegas strip and had only completed 3 out of 20 of the main missions.

Big Jimmy83

Back to top Go down

Post by Simy26 Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:23 pm

Its not been getting teh best of reviews.

I wouldnt worry about it tho as medal of honour got fucking panned and i thot the campaign was won of teh best i have ever played.

Let us know what you think tomorrow of it Jimmy. I'm keen to find out.
Simy26
Simy26

Back to top Go down

Post by Simy26 Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:47 pm

My Mrs picked it up for me yesterday as a wee present, what a game, had so much fun last night. Unfortuneately me and my ways turned teh first town against me by shooting one of teh big fucking bulls, helped that roger guy and got that sunny bitch killed her dog then set about me so i blew his ass up with dynomite LMAO.

Jimmy how the fuck do you kill the big fuck off scorpions wow. lol

Simy26
Simy26

Back to top Go down

Post by DTLA Jager Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:59 pm

My brother got it yesterday too, seems to love it.. Doubt I'll play it, too slow and boring but I'm also fairly bored, who knows..
DTLA Jager
DTLA Jager
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DTLA Lloydy Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:58 pm

Simy I wouldn't even bother trying to kill the giant scorpions yet. You need armor piercing bullets or an absolute shitload of ammo to kill them. The other scorpions however are very killable. Iv completed the missions in the first town and now everyone there seems to love me. I helped the guy in the petrol station to kill the powder gang that raids the town. Wondered of into the wasteland and iv found some sort of prison which is full of those powder gangers and apparently there's a guy incarcerated there who is worth finding. That's where I'm up to, I'm lvl 3 at the minute I think!
DTLA Lloydy
DTLA Lloydy

https://www.facebook.com/lloyd.sant

Back to top Go down

Post by Simy26 Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:09 pm

Yeah i got to the prison done some missions for the leader Eddie, then he sent me to Primm, so i killed all the raiders and convicts there, then went back to the prisons with the NCR boys and destroyed teh place lol. Cant find the guy there i need him to become sherrif of primm.

Really amazing game. I love the handgun and teh hollow point rounds are amazin lol. The Powder guys hate me now Razz.

Spent hours doing nothing last night lol. I also have a perk that makes me a cannibal, i can eat dead people to get health.
Simy26
Simy26

Back to top Go down

Post by DTLA Lloydy Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:37 pm

I killed that Eddie, they all started attacking me when i went into the admin office. I think me and you are playing the game the opposite way to each other lol. Sounds to me you'v sided with the powder gang.
DTLA Lloydy
DTLA Lloydy

https://www.facebook.com/lloyd.sant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum