Dog Tag Liberation Army
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gameplans (TDM)

5 posters

Go down

Gameplans (TDM) Empty Multiplayer Strategies

Post by Big Pants Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:01 pm

I'm starting a thread to get people to suggest fallback strategies to turn round games that aren't going our way. Obviously if we are comfortably winning such a strategy isn't required and so they will likely revolve around doing something different to our usual gameplay. I'll get the ball rolling....

For a TDM game where there is no team objective beyond slaying, I suggest that as an emergency strategy we fall back to a building (picked by an officer) and hold that single building (or maybe two buildings, think Villa, or the warehouse on Radiation). The building would have to be big enough to house 4-6 players, have a suitable number of entrances (not too many to hold, but enough to encourage the opposition to come to us) and have some decent viewpoints.

Once inside a building a variety of individual strategies could be used.

a) The Bombshelter - Flakjacket, gas mask, claymore. - This could be used to withstand flushout techniques.
b) The Intellier - Ghost, Motion detector, hacker - Gives intel about outside, is ready for outside assaulters while not giving away own (specific) position.
c) The Bombadier - C4, Noobtubes, LAW's - Make stuff outside blowup (hence killing things outside line of sight)
d) Snipers - You're all big boys, you work it out.

The idea here is to be able to hold a single area and make them come to you. Having Ghost is not necessary because ultimately the strategy requires them to know (roughly) where you are. If nothing else it should restrict the chances of losing a TDM game 7500 - 2100.
Big Pants
Big Pants

Back to top Go down

Gameplans (TDM) Empty Re: Gameplans (TDM)

Post by i x 0wN4g3 x i Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:05 pm

nice 1 bigpants mate, looking forward to seeing that in action

i x 0wN4g3 x i

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1154652252

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Jimmy83 Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:28 pm

I don't remember losing a game 7500-2100... Or did I just block that out my memory!?

This is definitely something we should consider though. It doesn't have to be a building, but an area with only a few entry points, which should have some bottle-neck areas.

We played a game of jungle last night, where we were getting hammered, then we just took up a defensive position, possibly by accident (near the B bomb site on search), and held out for quite a while, which brought us back in the game. We still lost 7500-6900, but we nearly turned it around.

Big Jimmy83

Back to top Go down

Post by DTLA Jager Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:22 pm

Aha Jimmy I was expecting a miraculous comeback story there.. Losing works too I guess Wink yeah it's tough getting certain people to camp, and would only be effective with a full squad/no randoms. But it's a good idea, I think if the enemy team is winning and get to 5000 points we do this.
DTLA Jager
DTLA Jager
Admin

https://dtla.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Pants Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:24 pm

I'm not sure if we have ever lost like that as a team but sometimes it has looked as if we might.

The fallback strategy would likely require a seperate character class to use as my usual classes probably wouldn't suit any of the good roles.

The strategy requires people to be sufficently spread out so as to not all be wiped out by a single grenade, but also have one person covering an entrance and someone else nearby that can also support you.

Does anyone have any other strategies to use to turn round a TDM? What about other game types, such as when we are being dominated on domination?

If we find we have say 10-12 clan people online over the holidays should we run some tests?
Big Pants
Big Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by DTLA Jager Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:25 pm

We will die, we won't be invincible. If someone dies and doesn't call-out, it'll be a domino effect of death. Communication is vital here
DTLA Jager
DTLA Jager
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Jimmy83 Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:09 pm

DTLA Jager wrote:Aha Jimmy I was expecting a miraculous comeback story there.. Losing works too I guess Wink

It was all a big tease... I know how you liked to be teased Jager! It was merely an anecdote of what happened and what went well.

You are completely right about the call-outs though... I think it was Hustler and Demolition that had my back covered in the jungle game, they both died and said nothing... I got shot in the back!

As for classes, I have 2 of those already in my setup... The ghost + motion sensor class and the noob-tube class.

We should make it that if it's not close and the other team reach 5000 first that we fall back to an area and camp it up (Simy will like that!). Highest ranked clan member should make the decision.

Another possible strategy for TDM is for people to team up and go around in pairs. It's much harder to kill 2 people at the same time. This should also reduce the enemies from getting high killstreaks.

I think we've discussed domination strategies on another thread. We only need a full team of 6 to test these strategies against randoms/public.

Big Jimmy83

Back to top Go down

Gameplans (TDM) Empty Gameplans (TDM)

Post by Big Jimmy83 Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:21 pm

I have moved this thread and changed it's name so it goes well with Jager's Domination strategy thread.

Big Jimmy83

Back to top Go down

Post by DTLA Jager Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:51 pm

Yup we can make the call to fall back somewhere anytime, we have enough sense to know when it may be necessary. I don't think class setups are a big deal, everyone knows how to camp an entrance and know how they like to do it.

Partners could work.. But that'd be like 3 different teams, communication might get messy and if one dies then trying to meet up could lead to another few deaths. I think we are all competent players and only in emergencies will we employ BigPants' strategy.
DTLA Jager
DTLA Jager
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Matti077 Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:23 pm

the only worrie in TDM is is the spawns, long as we make sure the spawn is where it need to be ready at the killing
Matti077
Matti077

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Pants Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:48 am

I've thought about what happens when you die inside the 'fall back' house. Assuming the fallback house is still held safely then the opposition will still need to assault the house, in which case someone that spawns away from the house can flank the enemy and take them up the rear!
Big Pants
Big Pants

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down