Dog Tag Liberation Army
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search tatics

5 posters

Go down

Search tatics Empty Search tatics

Post by Matti077 Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:31 pm

Found some imformation. Does not really let us know of anythink we dont already do.

Defending:

Personally i would split the group in half. Send one half to bomb sight A, and the other to B. Advise your teammates to use cold blooded pro and ninja pro to avoid easy detection from uav's and hsb's. In the same breath, since SnD isn't a kill based mode i'd advise you and your teammates to use UAV, carepackage and pred missle as killstreaks as they are the easiest to get. While defending it's best to use claymores and set them near the bomb sites. Each team should post up in corners and near walls to avoid being seen but still be able to keep an eye on the bomb site. The refreshing thing about defending is that you know the only way for them to win the round is by eliminating your whole team or successful destroy a bomb site. That means as long as or team sticks to two groups instead of splitting up, as soon as a team member dies, that group will react to the area of the downed member and eliminate the apposing enemy. Sticking to corners and utilizing CBP/Ninja Pro will help keep the team invisible. Sometimes depending on how many aposing players your team has eliminated, it may be benificial to let the last one or two guys set the bomb, watch them as they do from cover and once it's set attack and all you have to do is defuse it once their out of the way.

Attacking:

This is much trickier than defending cause you are forced to complete an objective inside of two minutes, unlike defending where you can just let the time run out if need be. My best advice for attacking is to avoid setting the bomb at the start of the match. If you're given two minutes to eliminate as many defenders my advice is to use as much of that time as possible. The least amount of defenders out there the easier it will be to set the bomb and have it successfully go off. Once your team has set the bomb put claymores around the case bomb itself. A-if they see them and shoot them then you'll know where to look for them, B-they may be retarded and not see them and kill themselves in the process. After planting claymores, use the same tactic as defending cause now you're defending the bomb itself. Again, CBP/Ninja pro will work well to stay hidden and off of device detection.

Now what weapons you use will be up to you. I would suggest using the weapon you're best with and adding a silencer to it. If you're used to using a sight, i would suggest practicing with an iron sight so you don't have to use bling. That way you can use SOH pro, which is very handy when you have one life to live.

Last man Alive:

When you see theres one man left on their team and the're defending, regroup your team and rush him. He won't be able to take you all out. If your team is defending then revert back to splitting the team and posting up near bomb sites and just wait.

When you see that you're the last man alive and you're attacking, keep your head on straight. Now is the true test of your skill. My advice would be to check every corner and "look both ways" before moving. If you see you're the last man alive and you're defending, to be honest, you're fucked. You can't be at two places at once so there would be no point in even defending a certain bomb site so stay low and wait to hear that they had planted the bomb. Try as best you can to flank in a direction that they wouldn't expect, which is incredibly difficult to do. In these situations all i can do is pray.

Well i hope this was some what informative and i'm sure someone will be along to make corrections to my methods and give you even more options to choose from.

The most important thing to do though while playing, is to have fun. It' not worth the tension and suspense if you're not enjoying what you're playing.
Matti077
Matti077

Back to top Go down

Search tatics Empty Re: Search tatics

Post by Matti077 Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:34 pm

I have extensive competitive experience at a high level in CoD4 and experience of MW2 competitive play at the highest POSSIBLE (lol) level. The only thing that the post above me got right is claymore spam.

There will ALWAYS be an easy and a hard objective on each map. Send one guy to watch the hard objective, one guy to be ready to catch the first guy's fall and have the rest be ready to rotate to it if necessary. This works for every map but Rundown which is just a crapshoot every time if both teams are playing to win and coordinated.

On attack, have every single player go for the same objective. I can't stress how important that is. Your aim is to rush the objective and take everyone in the immediate vicinity of the site ASAP and get the bomb planted as close to the beginning of the match as possible. This puts your team in the better position as you'll be holding a numerical advantage for the entirety of the game unless the enemy team has predicted correctly and has also utilised an all-in (bad for a defending team).

You won't need silencers if your team knows how to actually move properly. You also won't need CB if you all just use your heads and shoot down the UAV at the start with your primaries.
Matti077
Matti077

Back to top Go down

Post by DTLA Jager Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:17 pm

Interesting read.. The last bit about not needing cold-blooded could be a big advantage. If we have someone taking out UAVs then we have an advantage in those 1v1 gunfights which could easily give us the win.

As for silencers, we play S&D in such a way that we camp when defending and pretty much the same once we have planted a bomb. So without a silencer our spot is given away and we can't use it anymore.. Maybe that's just me, but I'll always use a silencer in S&D.
DTLA Jager
DTLA Jager
Admin

https://dtla.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kneeslidersxxx Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:00 pm

I reckon a silencer is a great advantage.enemy dont know where to look and enemy on another side of the map wont run to your position straight away.by the time you shoot down a UAV, the 'all-in' tatic wont work cos all the enemy know where you are, and on some maps its hard to spot the UAV.CB is a great perk for SD, and ninja is vital. I tried without and you always get somone with a heartbeat monitor.
kneeslidersxxx
kneeslidersxxx

Back to top Go down

Post by DTLA Jager Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:32 pm

Demolition will be able to take out UAV's in a few seconds, so it shouldn't affect the rush too much. Besides, if he's a few seconds behind, he can make sure no one is coming up behind us. This might not be very reliable though, because as kneesliders said; he might not be able to spot UAV's on certain maps.. What do you guys think? Cold-Blooded or not?
DTLA Jager
DTLA Jager
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Jimmy83 Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:36 pm

I think it depends on the map and whether you are attacking or defending. Generally, cold blooded is good when you're defending, as you should get the first shot off and stopping power when attacking. I regularly change my class when swapping sides.

Some maps lend themselves to SP or CB.

For example on Scrapyard, I find that Stopping power is more useful, as it is so enclosed. However I find that cold blooded works well for me on Rundown as the bombs are out in the open.

I also think that you should always run Ninja Pro - I'm sure Jager will back me up on this - but with a Turtle Beach headset, I can hear where people are coming from and makes it easier to be ready to defend.

Big Jimmy83

Back to top Go down

Post by DTLA Jager Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:29 pm

Yeah, I always get scared when I hear footsteps then annoyed to find it's a team-mate. So from now on, if anyone doesn't use ninja pro they are getting a spanking! Wink Now that I think more about it, regardless of team setup or organisation; I'm always going to use cold-blooded too.

Marathon/Bling
Cold-Blooded
Ninja Pro

I think everyone should use those.
DTLA Jager
DTLA Jager
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Matti077 Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:05 am

Just something I found make a intresting read.

Think we got the right idea tho.. grab the bomb, we all run to the site and set up a defence and plant it.

when defending three on each bomb site usally works well and with good communication where we need more support and what site there attacking usally results in a win.

As far as class set ups,

What ever works well for yourself. If Im attacking I usally run with a running class.

Marathon
Stopping power / cold blooded

If im defends have a defending class, mabey a sniper or a assult

Ninja pros a must and as long as your above Lv29 there is no real reason you should not have it.
I got to my Lv29 yesterday, sent an hour playing free for all, running an gunning and got it quick.

50 close ranges kills thats all that is needed.
Matti077
Matti077

Back to top Go down

Post by Simy26 Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:38 am

Thanks for the tips, i have been playing search alot more the last few weeks, will be playing constant until i get the xbox again so i am on a good level for you guys.
Simy26
Simy26

Back to top Go down

Post by DTLA Jager Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:06 pm

Good stuff, we are expecting at least 12-0 on your first S&D game with us! Razz
DTLA Jager
DTLA Jager
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Jimmy83 Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:47 pm

Yeah at least 12 just to continue playing with us, you should be aiming at 15-0.

Big Jimmy83

Back to top Go down

Post by Simy26 Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:00 pm

Ill drop a nuke for you asses
Simy26
Simy26

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Jimmy83 Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:05 pm

Now that would be impressive on Search!

Big Jimmy83

Back to top Go down

Post by Simy26 Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:06 pm

lol, got a pavelow the other day, i usually keep my killstreaks low.
Simy26
Simy26

Back to top Go down

Post by DTLA Jager Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:01 pm

I'm happy with a predator on Search lol.. I got a pavelow from a care package and as soon as it was called in, the game DC'ed.. I've never gotten an AC or CG though!
DTLA Jager
DTLA Jager
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Simy26 Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:45 pm

Yeah i Usually go for a 3/4/5 line up but i had pavelow equipped from a demo game and forgot to change it. Was like cool. BTW i love the Ak at the moment got a random nuke in storm last night ground war. It was love instantly.
Simy26
Simy26

Back to top Go down

Post by DTLA Jager Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:26 am

Nice! I never try for nukes anymore.. I hate the AK though, it seems after I shoot the first bullet the gun is blocking the target.
DTLA Jager
DTLA Jager
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Jimmy83 Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:59 am

I have my killstreaks set to 3/4/5, but regularly get past 5.

I AK is alright, but given the choice I would pick the Tar-21. I know what you mean Jager with the AK blocking the target, but that only happens when you use the iron sights.

Big Jimmy83

Back to top Go down

Post by DTLA Jager Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:07 pm

I've never used it enough to get a sight on it, and I've never picked it up. Tar-21 silenced is great.. The damage-output compensates for the silencer and it's a beast..
DTLA Jager
DTLA Jager
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Jimmy83 Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:20 pm

Next time you reach level 70, just use the AK for the 1 level. If you don't like it, then you don't use it, but you've got to give a decent try, I think it's worth it.

Big Jimmy83

Back to top Go down

Post by Matti077 Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:40 pm

The AKs can be good but each to there own,
Matti077
Matti077

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down