Dog Tag Liberation Army
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gameplans (Domination)

3 posters

Go down

Gameplans (Domination) Empty Gameplans (Domination)

Post by DTLA Jager Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:01 pm

Line-Map setup
Flags are running through map in a straight line. Spawns are harder to flip. Less needed on Spawn flag.

1 on Spawn flag, 3 on B, 1 on each flank of B.

------Enemy Spawn-------
X------X---X(flag)---X-----X
-----------X(flag)-----------

X represents player's position. Should be solid.
When re-capping B, the X's basically contract, putting more pressure on the flag and pushing out the enemy team. Use smoke and have the 3 B-players hop on it while the 2 flank-players keep the enemy away.

Triangle-Map setup
2 on each flag, 2 of our best slayers hang around the middle and stop the enemy team getting behind us. They will need to think a lot, cover the best area possible. They aren't acting as slayers, they are acting as cover. Don't go charging enemy spawn, we want to cover as much of the map as possible to cut down their possible spawn-points. We leave their flags area alone of course!

--------------Enemy Spawn----------
--------------X-(middle)-X-----------
X-(flag)-X--------------------X-(flag)-X

When re-capping, one of the middle players moves over to the flag to help out. Middle-player covers while the 2 flag-players smoke and re-cap objective.

General
The middle/flank players (those that aren't assigned to a flag) should equip Decoys. Just make as much noise as possible while the others cap flags. Flag-players need semtex, smoke and motion sensor. These cover clearing the flag, re-capping and defending/awareness.

If we can have 4 people using 3-4-8 killstreaks, that would be awesome. I don't wanna see any RC Cars!! Razz
DTLA Jager
DTLA Jager
Admin

https://dtla.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Gameplans (Domination) Empty Re: Gameplans (Domination)

Post by DTLA Jager Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:02 pm

Let's discuss, I know it can be fixed/improved in some places..
DTLA Jager
DTLA Jager
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Simy26 Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:28 pm

Top one is all good, but where is teh slayer ?

Second one, does that mean we take all teh flags ???

I like where your going with this, i thought of cracked when i saw the top one lol,
Simy26
Simy26

Back to top Go down

Post by DTLA Jager Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:49 pm

I thought of Summit, I guess it applies to a lot of maps. The layouts probably follow the same concept.

Second one doesn't mean we take all flags, the 2 in middle are just in the middle to stop the enemy getting behind our spawn. On Launch they would be in the middle ramp place or just covering the middle routes to B and A.
DTLA Jager
DTLA Jager
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Jimmy83 Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:26 pm

I agree with the line-map setup. We could possibly take one person off B flag, to be a slayer.

Summit is the perfect example for this map type and the B flag is most difficult to take and defend. Also, when trying to take B flag, we have to get into the routine of re-grouping and taking B flag together. It is obviously much easier to take a flag if 4 people rush a flag together.

Big Jimmy83

Back to top Go down

Post by DTLA Jager Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:24 pm

Yeah we couldn't adjust, if it's comfortable we could let someone loose on them. In this case I would say only give Lloydy license to be slayer, because he is the only one that can be in enemy spawn without flipping. (I can do it on Cracked and WMD, but not much use otherwise)

If anyone else were to be slayer, spawns would flip and we would only have one on our spawn flag and he wouldn't have a chance.

I agree, Summit fits this perfectly. 5 entrances on B flag. 5 of us covering each.

We have improved at re-taking flags, I hold off until someone is with me to cap and I've noticed others calling it out more. And before you say I don't play objective I was beasting it in terms of kills and flag caps last night Razz I cap flags when we need to, and I just try to be smart about it. No point trying to cap a flag knowing you are going to die.
DTLA Jager
DTLA Jager
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Jimmy83 Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:47 pm

There is always a chance of you dieing when capping a flag. I tend to use flak jacket and I will probably always be a flag capper with smoke and tend to cover a route/doorway to B flag.

Big Jimmy83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down