Dog Tag Liberation Army
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Internet speeds

5 posters

Go down

Internet speeds Empty Internet speeds

Post by DTLA Lloydy Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:17 am

Alright lads, was just wondering what sort of speeds you guys dish out from your Internet Service Providers. The reason I'm asking is cuz where I live it's absolutely terrible speeds (6mb download, <1mb upload speeds), plus the wireless router I use is terrible aswell, its quite an old BT homehub. However the hub is getting upgraded on friday so im looking forward to trying out the xbox with the new speeds we're getting. I think we're upgrading to a package called BT infinity or something.

So yer was just wondering what sort of speeds you guys get and what companies your with etc
DTLA Lloydy
DTLA Lloydy

https://www.facebook.com/lloyd.sant

Back to top Go down

Internet speeds Empty Re: Internet speeds

Post by DTLA Jager Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:16 am

Ireland is one of the least developed countries for Broadband, I get 4mb download I think..?
DTLA Jager
DTLA Jager
Admin

https://dtla.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Simy26 Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:38 am

Pretty sure i'am still getting close to 15mb, supposed to be 20mb as thats what i am paying for but i dont realy care what speed as long as it lets me play without disconecting all the time.
Simy26
Simy26

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Jimmy83 Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:26 pm

Really???

The most my house can get if everything was perfect is 3.5MB/s regardless of service provider. I actually get under 2MB/s and my upload speed is a joke...

Big Jimmy83

Back to top Go down

Post by DTLA Lloydy Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:22 pm

Wow Simmy yours is pretty high for the UK. My dad lives in the city and he gets fibre optic broadband there, I think the max you can get in the UK is around 20mb download speeds.
Reason mine isnt too good is cuz I live in a small town.
I'v seen a video on youtube of a guy who gets 55-60mb download speeds in the USA . . . practically gives him host everygame he plays.
DTLA Lloydy
DTLA Lloydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Simy26 Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:24 pm

I thikn thats what i am gettting, its over 10 anyway, as i said i just car about a constant service, thats why i go tBT, talk talk would kick me off at lease 4 times a night.
Simy26
Simy26

Back to top Go down

Post by DTLA Lloydy Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:26 pm

DTLA Big Boss wrote:I thikn thats what i am gettting, its over 10 anyway, as i said i just car about a constant service, thats why i go tBT, talk talk would kick me off at lease 4 times a night.

I'm currently with BT, its not the speeds that bother me, it's the signal from the wireless router, it just goes now and again and I'll get disconnected from xbox live. I think this is just because its quite an old piece of hardware, but we'll see tomorrow when the new router gets here.
DTLA Lloydy
DTLA Lloydy

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Jimmy83 Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:33 pm

The reason mine is shocking is because I live in an estate, where almost everyone has the internet (If I do a wi-fi search from home I can usually find 6 to 8 hubs) and I doubt the phone wires are anywhere near new.

I'm with sky at the moment and the router they sent me is pretty good. I don't lose connection very often and it rarely drops below 1MB/s, so it's good enough for xbox... As long as the missus doesn't use her laptop!

Big Jimmy83

Back to top Go down

Post by Matti077 Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:11 pm

im with virgin meida, worked with them for over 2 years, 50meg internet connection at my house. and usally get over 55meg.

worked with BT for over 2 years and tiscali. one of the biggest fault calls was people not getting the "internet speed" they paid for. dont run the router off extensions. there is a devide called a ADSL2000, it filter all the sockeys in the house pri- incoming. usally boostes.

with BT unfortanly stuck with there net work, SKY, Tiscali, AOL all of them run of BT net work. the only company witch has a different net work is virgin AKA telewest.

Im a chef now, long story, but done over 7 years in telecomms. worked on network whats hard to work on, but people seem to like the madness and enjoy working with me.

Matti077
Matti077

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum